Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of flooring system do you use? We have a number of resinous polymer formulations of epoxy and polyaspartic. This allows us to address various concrete, temperature, and humidity conditions as well as offer different aesthetic attributes in our decorative coatings systems.
- How do you prepare the floor before coating it? New or old we prepare the concrete mechanically using diamond tooling on a commercial grinder. This cleans the top surface and “opens the pores” of the concrete allowing our base coat to penetrate deeply for excellent adhesion. This process is typically considered to be the best method for obtaining a consistent surface profile and is superior to the acid was a method used by others in the industry.
- I have some cracks and heavy pitting caused by road salt. Can you repair this condition? Yes. We have a polymer filler that works extremely well and is compatible with our coating system. It restores the floor to a level, flat surface.
- How long does the entire process take? The floor install takes two days. You can return your garage between 24-36 hours depending on weather conditions. Some companies complete this process in one day and present it as a benefit to you. We disagree. To finish in one day the cure times of the base coat must cure fast. Speeding up this process can jeopardize the depth of penetration and ultimately the quality of adhesion. Cabinet installs typically are completed in 1-2 days.
- What do we do with all our garage “stuff” while the work is being done? It is the homeowner’s responsibility to remove all contents. It is often stored under a tarp in the driveway or in a side yard or patio. As a chargeable option, we can arrange for a storage unit to be delivered and we can also empty the garage for you.
- Are the coatings flammable? And what about the smell? Our coatings are free of solvents. They are not flammable and although there is minimal odor, it’s non-hazardous to people, pets, and the environment.
- How should I clean my new floor? Simply spray it clean with a garden hose and spray nozzle then use a foam squeegee to remove the excess water. Occasionally you may need to use 5-6 ounces of CLEAR ammonia per gallon of water to remove some stubborn dirt.
- How long will my floor last? Life expectancy is about 20 years under normal use and care.
- What is the warranty? Our floor coatings have a twenty-year warranty against delamination, staining, or defects in materials.