Garage Concrete Repair | Concrete Garage Floor Repair
Is your concrete garage flooring starting to show cracks and other issues? Contact Ohio Garage Interiors for effective and affordable garage concrete repair services. OGI is one of Northeast Ohio’s leading garage concrete repair and flooring installation companies.
We offer unmatched quality and precision as well as competitive pricing. As a result, we can provide our customers with the most value for the money.
Setup an in-home inspection with Ohio Garage Interiors and get a quote free of charge. We also accept pictures of your flooring sent by email if it is more convenient. Our team of garage concrete repair specialists inspect the condition of the existing concrete, so we can determine the best process for repairing your floor and installing a coating system.
Common Issues for Garage Flooring
There are many ways issues can form in garage flooring. Cracking, pitting and settling are the most common and can be easily repaired by a reputable concrete garage floor repair company.
Cracking and Pitting
Concrete is incredibly rigid, so cracks are bound to show up at some point. The flooring also expands and shrinks with the humidity of the garage and can crack during thaw cycles in the winter. These are the central causes of cracking.
However, if your flooring is only showing minor cracks and pitting, then repairing them is a fairly quick and simple process. OGI professionals can restore the flooring and prevent further damages with ease.
Contraction joints or control joints are another common cause of cracking. These joints are designed to guide cracks towards a preset path. As a result, the cracks do not spread to the rest of the slab. However, the joints can result in more frequent cracking on individual slabs.
More significant cracks (1/4 inch or larger) require grinding and filling prior to resurfacing and polyaspartic epoxy installation. This is a common process using a masonry wheel or a chisel and hammer. We can apply the crack filler and install a new polyaspartic epoxy coating to protect from future cracking.
If you notice any cracking, it is better to repair it sooner rather than later. Contact OGI for effective and affordable concrete repair services, so you can restore your flooring and prevent further damage.
Minor settling only needs self-leveling concrete, which is a quick repair. Major settling, however, can result in a full flooring replacement in some situations. Before planning a garage flooring replacement, always contact a reliable contractor. OGI offers a wide variety of services that may help you avoid spending excess funds on a full flooring replacement, so it is best to get a free quote from an in-home inspection.
Once you get quotes for repair and replacement services, compare the costs of each service. When repair pricing costs nearly as much as a replacement, it is best to get the full replacement.
Concrete Garage Floor Repair Process
Recommended Materials for Garage Concrete Repair
There are many options and techniques for repairing garage concrete flooring. However, polyurethane and polyurea epoxy offers the most effectiveness. OGI polyaspartic epoxy also contains cracking filling compounds.
Once we apply the polyaspartic epoxy, the materials will harden and offer far more strength than the concrete underneath. Our polyaspartic epoxy also forms an impermeable surface to keep water and other materials out.
In addition, water and latex-based crack fillers are not recommended, as they eventually shrink and cannot be painted.
Steps of Crack Repair
First, we chase the crack with a hammer and cold chisel, breaking loose edges and material in the crack. Secondly, we clean any debris and clean the cracks with a wire brush. OGI’s team of expert garage flooring contractors will provide quick and precise service, to finish any repairs before applying the polyaspartic epoxy.
Upon finishing repairs, we will grind the sand the floor until it is smooth. This will make the polyaspartic epoxy application easier and more effective. Here at OGI, we work to repair, strengthen and protect your concrete, so you can have stylish functional garage flooring for years to come.
Why Choose OGI Flooring? | Garage Concrete Repair
OGI’s epoxy flooring is the most effective solution for protecting your flooring from further damage. Our flooring offers many advantages for Ohio homeowners:
- Low Maintenance and Easy to Clean: Our flooring’s impermeable, non-slip surface makes cleaning quick and easy by preventing dust, dirt and stains from settling. You can clean nearly any mess with quick vacuuming or mopping.
- Durability and Longevity: OGI flooring provides unparalleled strength and defense against many environmental hazards. Abrasions, mold, mildew, corrosive chemicals and road salt cannot break down our polyaspartic epoxy, so your flooring lasts longer and looks better.
- Customization: Choose from a variety of options for our custom decorative flake flooring systems. We give our customers the opportunity to get creating with garage remodeling.
- On-site Inspection & Free Quotes: Setup on in-home appointments or send photos of your garage concrete flooring, and we can give you a free quote.
- Precision Installation: Other garage flooring companies in Northeast Ohio offer a one-day installation. However, a one-day installation is not necessary and can result in defects costing you much more. OGI performs two-day flooring installation with affordable pricing, so our materials can properly cure to the concrete and prevent defect formation.
- Ten-Year Warranty Against Peeling and Delamination!
Looking for garage concrete repair services in Northeast Ohio? Contact Ohio Garage Interiors today!